Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day :o)

Flowers from Tony's store! They smell so good, and now my dining room does too.

This morning we watched "Gnomeo and Juliet" and cuddled on the couch.

I ate Turtle Cheesecake for breakfast!

The kids wore hats today because Mommy loves a good baseball hat.

We went for a drive and ended up back at Fish Lake. We love the playground there.

When we got home from the lake we decided to play with these Crayola colored bubbles my Mom told me about. I had no idea they were going to be that messy! Great idea Mom! :o)


Everyone needed a good bath after that! 

When I was growing up, a large cardboard box had endless possibilities for entertainment. Today we revisited that notion. We gave the kids crayons, a lamp, and covered the top with a tablecloth. That kept them busy for hours....


 Fort Shaffer made for some happy kids, which makes for some happy parents. 

Motherhood is the ultimate blessing! The instant I became a parent I knew a love that is greater and stronger than anything I had ever experienced before. And at that same moment, I realized my own parents were right all those years! I could finally see things through their eyes (ensue panic attack ;o)  Being a Mom I put everyone else's needs first and actually LIKE it that way. The world could be crumbling around me, but one smile from my child can set it all straight, just like that. Today I didn't do any chores. Tomorrow I will pay for it, but today I had fun with my kids. ALL DAY.  I had a wonderful Mothers Day with my beautiful children. ~My cup runneth over.~

1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

Happy Mother's day friend. Looks like you had a great day!