Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I talk to my Mom on a daily basis. Usually when she asks me what I am doing, I reply "Oh, not much". I am busy all day and exhausted by sundown, but somehow manage to do "not much". The past few days we have been doing exactly that, not much. With nothing going on I sure did take a lot of pictures! :o) I am a pathological picture taker. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right? :o) 

Addi used her Birthday money to buy these awesome summer shoes. Now her and Kaden both have a pair.

I found this pansy in my yard. It just so happens to be my favorite flower that I declared to be so when I was younger than Addi. Even though my taste has changed and given the choice now I would have to say I like a beautiful orchid or lily more, I still have to declare the pansy to be my favorite every time I see one, probably out of habit and nostalgia. 

Kaden seems to find filling up a bucket with water and carrying it around the yard entertaining. What a great way to water the yard and wear the kid out for nap time! 

What a boy. He loves to get messy. Addi cries if she gets anything on her outfit, and immediately insists on changing. Kaden purposely tries to get dirty. 

I like getting Tony pumped about BBQ'n. I sell him on the delicious food and great atmosphere, but really I am just happy to not have to cook! :o)

Everyday I take Addi on a bike ride, and everyday she gets more confidence and rides better and better. She loves yelling things to the neighbors like, "Watch out for the Addi Express!" and "Hello! Look at me riding my bike like a BIG girl!!!"

My little monkey eating a banana. When I gave him the banana, he immediately pretended it was a gun and from the sounds he made it was fully automatic. When I gave Addi her banana she instantly pretended it was a phone and she had a five minute conversation with some chick named Hannah. 

Kaden was disappointed to learn that Rex's arms were too short to color....

so he gave Rex a big hug and patted him on the back, then let Rex sit next to him and watch Kaden color. 

Addi asked me to make a video for her, Chef Addi on TV. In her first televised episode, Chef Addi tackles the messy task of Red Velvet Cupcakes. We had a great time doing that together, and when we would end a segment she would say, "Back to you Marvin", which made me laugh every time, because really, who the heck is Marvin? :o) 

Today was a nice day and we had fun playing outside all morning and afternoon.
Sprinkles and Addi enjoying a good swing :o)

Kaden invented his own game, where he slides various things down the slide and tries to land them in his dump truck. He was really good at it. He is already training for "Minute to Win It".
Yes, he did try to land HIMSELF in the dump truck! 

Kaden's tough guy face...

transformed to a nice guy face with the help of a popsicle! 

This cuddly moment brought to you by a busy day outside, and an episode of the "Wonder Pets!" 

No comments: