Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let It Snow!




We wanted snow, and we got it! Besides the few inches we got last weekend, it has been snowing now for two solid days. Beautiful Christmas snow. Everywhere. I am so thankful for my 4 wheel drive! Tony and I had a nice date this week. When we first started dating he told me he liked to make desserts. Well, seven years later and I am still waiting for this dessert hobby of his to emerge. When I brought it up he smiled and said, "Everyone tells a couple white lies when they first start dating." In retrospect, I think he probably meant to say, "I like eating desserts" :o) So he finally made me a dessert, Eagle Magic Bars, a holiday necessity. And they were fabulous, with some great coaching from his wife. Then we went to see Four Christmases, which was hilarious. And Tony had so much fun baking earlier that he wanted to make something else when we got home. He whipped up 72 servings of Tom and Jerry batter to give out to his friends. Baking and a romantic comedy- in my book that is the perfect date! Cleaning the kitchen the next morning, now that's another story......

1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

Looks like fun! Can you believe it snowed here last night too! My neighbors were so excited that they came over to tell us to come outside! Of course none of it stuck at our house, but the mountains were white this morning.

Your baking story sounds like much more fun than the 10 dozen cupcakes I am making tonight for my students!
TTYL
~Mandi