One day I was walking through the fabric section of our local craft store and I came across the cutest Dr. Seuss fabric, cut and packaged in fat quarters. I had been thinking about trying to quilt and this was a sign to start now since I obviously couldn't leave that fabulous fabric in the store. I was so excited and got started right away cutting the fabric into 5 inch squares. I didn't really know what I was doing or how it was going to look, but I assumed I would figure it out as I went. I had some technical difficulties with my old sewing machine that almost sidelined the whole project. But that fabric was so cute and I couldn't stop thinking about the finished quilt and how cute it would be. I easily convinced my husband to invest in a new sewing machine, and he was happy that I was so excited about my newest hobby. In less then 24 hours of getting my machine I had my quilt top finished.
I googled "how to finish a quilt" and found step by step instructions,
I had the instructions on my phone right next to the sewing machine. It worked out nicely! The last step of the quilt is binding and requires hand sewing. I cranked up the tunes, put my feet up and sewed away with my needle and thread for hours last night. Addi was very concerned and said, "Mom, you have been sitting there sewing that blanket FOREVER! How BORING!!! If I were you, I would re-think this new hobby. Just get out while you still can!" :o) Little did she know I WAS enjoying myself. It was relaxing!
Here is the finished quilt! With matching quilted book bag. :o)
The quilt fits nicely in the bag with room left for your favorite books!










No comments:
Post a Comment