Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lessons Learned



Last week Addi was grounded for a game that got broken when she had her friends over. Her grounding terms included the loss of all gaming privileges including but not limited to; the xbox 360, Wii, computer, and Nintendo 64. This punishment hit the girl where it hurt, but she managed to entertain herself throughout the week by putting on many performances, working on preschool lessons, and doing extra arts and crafts. Here she is learning to play Madden with Tony on her first night back as a gamer.

I asked Addi, "What did you learn?"
She replied, "Hmmmmm. Well, I learned that when you are grounded for a week, it feels like FOREVER."
"ok" I said, "what ELSE did you learn?"
She thought for a second, then said, "Well, I learned that life is all about gettin' in trouble with your best friends, even if that means you have to be grounded afterwards!"

Oh crap! Not the lesson I had in mind! Lord help me when this sweet girl grows into a teenager!!!

Here is Addi making puppets
She was so excited to give them to Kaden and Dino
Didn't take long for the babies to tear them apart.

Pulled Pork Sandwich 
Next time I will try to make my buns smaller, although I didn't mind the giant plate sized portion. :o)

1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

It's a good thing I'm not on a diet, your blog always makes me so hungry. Addi is way too smart for her britches, but the next lesson she needs to learn, is to say what your parents want to hear!