Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Friday, October 1, 2010


Grandma Time
 What a nice visit we had with my Mom. Yesterday was Tony's day off, so he watched the kids so my Mom and I could go have some fun. We did some shopping and had lunch, and visited with my Grandparents who all live close by. That night, my Mom stayed with the kids and Tony and I went to Silverwood Theme Park for thier Halloween Scarywood. It was so much fun. Zombies, Killer Clowns and creepy things around every turn. The best part was being in a theme park at night and riding the rides in the dark. I had my very best roller coaster experience followed by the worst. Because everyone in the park was checking out all the haunted rides and exhibits, most of the normal rides and roller coasters had no wait at all. Tony and I walked up to a roller coaster called the "Cork Screw"  and we were the only people around. We boarded the coaster and sat in the very front. We had the whole roller coaster to ourselves. It was great. Riding a coaster at night is great! I think it is easier for me at night because I am totally scared of heights. After that great ride we were ready for some more coaster action. We came upon a coaster called "Tremors". There was a bit of a line, and we got in it. As I looked around I started to see a plethera of warning signs. More than I had ever seen on a coaster before. This was a red flag in my book. This was the appeal in Tony's. Warnings about not raise your hands in the usual coaster fashion, unless you wanted to lose an arm. Not to stand or you would lose your head. (they actually had a stick person with an unattached head) If you ever had any kind of back or neck problem, do not ride. Hmmmmmmm. Anyways, we boarded the coaster and buckled down. The coaster took off and it was OUT OF CONTROL. Throwing my body every which way in an upleasant and jerking manner at top speeds. It was not fun. I closed my eyes tight and prayed it would be over soon. At some point in the chaos I felt something hit off my face and fly off into the night. I figured someone in front of me lost thier glasses or hat. Then I heard Tony say, "my PHONE!" Ohhhhhh Nooooooo. Not the phone he just bought and spent WAY too much money on. The phone he HAD to have. NOT the phone he loves so very much. His handheld computer, camera, and television in one.  Oh yes. That phone is long gone. And that put a major damper on the night. We left the park feeling sad and slightly sick from the loss of that phone. But as we drove down the highway back towards home I had a thought, "Hey babe, at least it was just a phone you lost, and not your head!" :o)





 "But Momma, we must have CAKE for a princess!!" 

No comments: