We had Addison's birthday party at the Palouse Discovery Science Center. If you have never been to a science center, they are full of hands on exhibits and toys to teach kids (teens and adults as well) all about science and the world around them. Very interactive and fun. Working on the cupcakes that failed also made us slightly late for our own party. Ooops. We had to drive through a monsoon to get there, and about ran out of gas. But we made it there, and had a wonderful time. The kids really enjoyed looking at all the animals that live at the Science Center. Iguanas, turtles, snakes, rats, guinea pigs, chinchillas, spiders and bugs. Addi liked the giant Madagascar hissing cochroach. She called him a giant cricket.
Addi and Jr.
Julian!
One of the "Ninja Turtles"
I tied a balloon to Kaden's shirt so I could keep track of him easily. I also like to think it gave him a little more balance. ;o)
"Ummmm Guys! Get me OUTTA HERE!"
After we explored and played for a bit it was time for some treats! :o)
Time for BUBBLES!!!!
The highlight of the bubble party was to stand in a Giant Bubble. Since it was Addi's party they tried to get her to go first. She put the goggles on and when they tried to put her in the pool she freaked and ran for the hills. :o) She wanted no part in that!! So Mom decided to do it instead....
Sheila the Iguana came in to wish Addi a Happy Birthday!
Present time!
All her LOOT!
Kaden was happy with the balloons :o)
After the party I was happy to come home to a quiet house. It was nice to not have to pick up the mess from a party. We invited Addi's favorite gamer friend over and rented them a couple of Wii games and they played all evening while Tony and Kaden napped. Addi said she had a great day, and that is exactly what I wanted to hear.


1 comment:
Do I need to call Tony and make sure that you get a #1 Mom mug for Mother's Day? You are the best mom I have ever seen! What a perfect day for Addi!
Post a Comment