Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Addi and the TuTu




So the cowboy hat is out, the TuTu is IN! She has insisted on wearing this thing everywhere, including the library and the grocery store. I get her dressed and somehow either the flower headband, or the tutu (but usually both) make thier way into her outfit. She has a new obsession with flying that has me on red alert. She tied balloons around her belly and jumped off the couch. Tried flapping some make-shift wings and jumping, and was caught by Mom mid-air after she hooked a slinky to the banister, secured it to her belly and leaped from the top stair. "You are not Super Addi", I sternly tell her,"You are not Inspector Gadget. You can't fly, so quit trying." I have been working with Addi daily to get her ready to read and write. She is just like her Dad so she needs extra encouragement to get motivated. I have put my foot down on the video games and now she has to earn game time by doing her preschool work and chores. Addi hasn't exactly openly embraced this new rule, but it is for her own good. On the first day she told me, "Guess what Mom, I don't really care about my ALPHABET!" But after a day with no games she started catching on. Now she will ask, "After my letters can I play a game?" She has a work book and is very proud of her "perfect letters" that she carefully draws out with her Toy Story pencil. She can fully operate her favorite websites with no coaching from Mom and Dad (and I get in trouble when I try). The great part is she doesn't think of it as learning or "work" because of her favorite characters and fun games on nickjr.com and pbskids.org. She will say things at breakfast like, "Click here if you want to get me cereal Mom, Click here if you want to get me a cookie...." :o)

No comments: