Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Yesterday Addi and I visited my Grandparents while we were in town doing some shopping. I thought that if I just stopped by my Grandma wouldn't go to the trouble of cooking a big meal like she always does, but she made lunch for us anyways. I could have sat and ate her macaroni salad all afternoon, chit chatting away. My Grandpa is always full of sound advice and loves telling a good story. My Grandma always catches me up on all my cousins happenings, and tells me great stories about raising my Mom and her sisters. It was a great visit, and writing about it makes me want to go back already! 

My Grandpa was singing songs to Addi, and I had to let her know that those were MY songs he was singing to her. 

My Grandma and I :o) 

Kaden doing what he does....
Building them up~
and knocking them down! 

So yeah, we eat a lot of peppers in this household. Tonight it was jambalaya stuffed red peppers topped with smoked black pepper white cheddar. It was amazing. Addi helped make dinner, but didn't eat any of it. She says, "Mom, being a chef is great for a picky girl like me. I get to learn about all the different foods without having to eat any!" I am still working on her and have complete faith that one day she will have a diverse palate. Just not today. 


No comments: