Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Growing up!

Addi is a big girl now. Yesterday she had a well child check up and got her vaccinations for school. She starts kindergarten in a month! She has been absolutely dreading this appointment, along with the rest of us. She was very brave, and then screamed bloody murder and cried during and after the shots. The whole office was giggling because before she got the shots she was SO HAPPY and her singing was heard up and down the halls. Afterwards she sang a different tune. She shook it off, and soon was acting very independent and grown up. She was a BIG girl now, after all! Tony and I told Addi after her appointment she could pick out a new toy, or choose a fun outing. She chose a trip to the theater, but was disappointed that nothing good was showing. So she decided she was going to throw a party at her house, and watch a new movie with her family. We watched a new Winnie the Pooh flick. Addi made a "Pooh" strawberry cake, strawberry banana milkshakes, and popcorn. We stopped by the store to pick up supplies, all through the store she reminded me she was a Big Girl now, and as we were walking out she said, "Gee Mom, I sure miss being a little girl!"

Kaden was giggling throughout the entire show.
Both kids LOVE Pooh Bear.

Party Treats!
The cake topper is from Addi's first birthday cake! :o) Ahhhhhhhhh

Addi says, "You like how everything is PINK?! I did that on PURPOSE!"

Kaden doesn't care what color it is, as long as it's cake!

Now that Addi got her vaccinations out of the way she is nothing but excited to start school. It is bittersweet for her Momma. I never anticipated how hard it would be to watch your babies grow up and let them go out in the world on their own! I am going to be an emotional wreck her first day of school! She is more than ready though, both academically and socially, and I am excited for her!

The other night Addi said to Tony and I, "Do you know what I LOVE about being a Shaffer? I love my family, I love football, and someday I am going to be an amazing cheerleader!"

No comments: