Ok Mom. Glad you are sitting down. Now take a deep breath, and don't get upset because.....
I buzzed Kaden's hair.
You know Tony has wanted me to buzz it for a long long time and I have always resisted, but between the daily sunscreen applications, summer heat, and ridiculous messes this boy makes when he eats I did the rash thing and buzzed his hair off.
I instantly regretted my decision. While the hair cut is perfect for summer, my baby looks better with his hair. I learned my lesson, the hard way. (As usual!) In a month this boy will have a nice hairstyle and I can chalk this up as a lesson learned.
Ok, that is all. Love you. ;o)
Both Tony and Kaden are all about the camping gear in the living room. Kaden has decided the cooler makes the perfect T.V. tray, and Tony always gets his camping chair out when he wants to play video games.
Kaden demonstrates what NOT to do in the grocery store.
Yesterday Addi gave her baby brother a computer lesson.
They were so cute! Kaden was very excited and Addi was such a proud and helpful big sister.
Addi had her own lesson as well. She learned how to make bread dough!
She had fun working her dough.
She learned that making bread from scratch takes a long time and you have to put in your work. She loved every minute and kept telling me how much fun she was having and how much she loved me. When we were finished she asked if we could do it all again tomorrow. :o)
When we lived in Moscow we loved to walk everywhere, everyday. We loved walking down to a popular local bakery to buy Pesto Rolls for lunch. We made Pesto Rolls today for the first time! They reminded us of Moscow, and made us a little homesick.
Spreading on the Pesto sauce!
Roll em up!
We had enough dough to make a batch of sweet and delicious cinnamon rolls too!
~Pesto Rolls~
~Cinnamon Roll~
Kaden didn't help with the baking, but just sitting back watching and coloring was exhausting enough!
(notice the bug bite, another side effect of summer)
SPRINKLER!
One thing we didn't have in Moscow was a yard. I love our big yard. I put a lot of work into making it look good. We bought ourselves a nice push lawnmower and were shocked to discover we were the only family in the neighborhood without a riding lawnmower. We don't have a weed eater yet, so I go out and trim the edges with a pair of sheers. I put down lawn feed this morning and the directions told you what setting to put your spreader on. Spreader? I don't have a spreader. Tony says you just sprinkle it on, so I sprinkled it on the lawn with a cup. I then tried to set up the sprinkler and ended up spraying myself in the face, and falling flat on my ass. I have fallen in an old gopher hole while mowing the lawn, been dive bombed by birds, and chased by wasps. But all the embarrassing moments, sweat, callused hands and sunburned skin is worth a good looking lawn at the end of the day!
Dinner last night was Turkey Caesar Burgers.
After the Pesto Rolls made me miss Moscow, Tony brought me home my favorite beer from our favorite little bar in Moscow. It was a nice Friday night at home.
~Peaches and Cream~























1 comment:
Kaden is still cute, buzzed hair or not :)
Post a Comment