Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! 2011

Last night we had a fabulous little Easter party. Addi made cupcakes, we dyed eggs, and then we watched Hop. 

Dying the eggs
I had to leave the room for a minute, and I really stressed to Addi, "Do not touch the dye. Please." When I came back in the room she instantly chirps up, "Momma! I followed the rules and didn't touch the dye!" 
Uh huh. And I replied, "Then why are your fingers purple?" and she answered, "Oh this old purple stuff, why that's my birthmark of course!" :o) Right Addi. 

Time for cupcakes!
And then we watched a movie, and relaxed and got ready for bed because the Easter Bunny was on his way!
Luckily he found our house alright. (Addi was a bit concerned because we had moved since last Easter.)

Kaden was up and dressed first, then he woke up his big sister. When he saw his Easter basket he said "Oh Boy!" for the first time and very animated. Every morning when he wakes up he says, "Slept good!" and he has just started telling me "it's ok" when I tell him not to do something. 
Wake up!

Celebrate!

It was the perfect day! The kids colored and watched movies while I cooked Easter dinner.

We all went outside and the kids planted their seeds the Easter Bunny left for them.

Addi planted flower seeds

Kaden planted cucumber and sweet peppers.

Enjoying their new bubbles

Easter dinner!
Ham, stuffing, potato salad. bacon garlic green beans

Candied Yams and Pistachio salad

Cheers! We all talked about our favorite part of Easter, and Tony and I shared some of our favorite Easter memories. Addi loves it when we start a story, "When I was your age"....

I love my family! Feeling extra blessed and thankful today. 

1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

Hoppy Easter friend! Looks like you had a wonderful time, I can't wait until Liam can decorate eggs too!