Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Down with the sick~ness

The kids and I came down with a horrible cold and have been sick for days. Today I finally feel like a normal person and now I need to assess the damage around me. My house is beginning to resemble a large toy box, as my children's belongings are strung from one end to the other. Tony was my knight in shinning armor, bringing home dinner and supplies every evening after work. As soon as he arrived I would take my Thera-flu and soon be in a cold coma having strange, but entertaining dreams. Tony got the kids in bed, read them stories, gave them medicine, and filled their sippy cups. Even though he hadn't gotten sick yet, he wasn't afraid to hug and kiss and nurture all three of us. "I'm not scared of germs", he said confidently. Ahhhhhhh, my hero. :o)  (UPDATE: Tony did get sick, so being brave isn't always the wisest choice)

Dr. Addison

One afternoon Addi and I dozed off in the recliner, and I woke up worried about where and what Kaden was up to. It was too quiet, but I was relieved to find he had put himself to bed too.

I am happy to say we are all feeling MUCH better.

Addi has discovered her new favorite show, "She-Ra, Princess of Power", straight out of the 80s and my childhood. Awesome is the word I would use to describe this. :o)

Addi was so stoked to find out that He-Man and She-Ra are brother and sister. As you can imagine Kaden has been recruited to play He-Man. It works out nicely. 

1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

I was wondering where you had been. Glad yo hear you're feeling better. Also, your house only looks like a toy box when you're sick? Time for some introspection on my part!