About Me
- Shaffers
- The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Bad day was underway...
Our 4th of July weekend was a bit nuts. When we were trying to pack up and leave for Medical lake to spend the 4th with our friends NOTHING seemed to be going our way. We were running behind. One of those days where you just can't seem to get out the door. But finally I had the kids ready. Addi looked beautiful. New shirt and fancy hairdo. While Tony was loading the car I heard Addi crying outside. I ran out to find her covered in blood. She was running from the neighbor kids and fell, putting a gash on her chin. I carried her inside and Tony took a look. It was evident she needed to go to the doctor. I lost it. Now I want to say that I have been in several medical emergencies at work, and have always kept my cool. I am the first to respond, whether to a client having siezures, choking, injured in need of firstaid, and even taking down a violent client and putting them in a hold. I can do it all, and barely be phased. BUT when I saw my own baby covered in her own blood, and knew it was the first time she had really hurt herself I couldn't handle it. I was bawling right along with her. Tony told me to pull it together and we rushed out the door. We didn't let Addi look in a mirror, and while we were waiting to get her stitched up everyone who passed looked at her wound with wide eyes. "Why is everyone lookin at me all sad guys?" is what Addi had to say. Amongst other things. She was scared to go to the doctor, and we did our best to talk her through it. Stitching her up was no easy task. It took Tony holding her in a bear hug, a nurse assisting the hold, and me holding her hands and singing to her. The doctor was amazing, mainly because she is a mother herself. It was hard trying to handle Kaden and deal with Addi. As he was rifling through all the drawers in the exam room, the doctor said to me, "He is FINE. Don't worry about it! If I have to take all this stuff home and give it to the dogs to use, I really don't care!" Kaden was so concerned for his sister, and we were all happy to see her calm down as soon as it was over. They had a treasure box and let her pick two prizes. When she went back to the waiting room she announced to everyone, "Don't worry guys! I'm all better now! Got my bandaid!" We took her for icecream and then finally made it to our friends house. In the rush and chaos I forgot my camera, so no pics this post. Addi was confused the first time she took off the bandage. "Mom! I grew wiskers on my chin like Daddy!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Poor Addi, that just breaksmy heart thinking of her little chin!
Post a Comment