Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloweenee













Halloween is over and I am thankful that we got an extra hour of sleep thanks to day light savings. I feel like I ran a marathon! Putting on fun and memorable holidays for my kids is one of the greatest things in life, but you never realize how much work goes into pulling it all off until you are the Mom in charge of it all. On Friday evening I took Addi Trick or Treating on Moscow's Main Street. My car was in the shop this weekend getting the brakes fixed so Addi went on her first walk to downtown without the luxery of riding in the stroller. This is a memory I will cherish forever. Super Addi was running and jumping through the leaves, and enjoyed hearing her voice echo. We sang and jumped all the way downtown, and of course she stopped to talk to everyone along the way. We started at the hospital where they had games and cookie decorating, and hot cocoa. Then made our way down going business to business getting candy. Addi wanted to quit after about three businesses. She found a table at the Bagel Shop and wanted to sit down and relax. I made her finish the block out and then she was happy to walk with her friend "Bob the Builder" over to his house. The next morning we were up early and had to walk across town for the University of Idaho Homecoming parade. I loaded the kids in my stroller and headed off, and got a couple blocks away and got a flat tire. Great! I had to keep going or the whole day would be ruined! I pushed what felt to be a Buick across town as Addi yelled at me for going over bumps. I was exhausted when I finally made it. We picked up Addi's friend and ditched the stroller and walked hand in hand down to the parade. The parade was AWESOME. Addi was so embarrassed of me when I started to sing the fight song with the band. The look on her face was priceless and she yelled at me to stop. But then when the rest of the crowd joined in she lighted up and even started to clap along. And then she yelled "GO STEELERS!!" :o) She got even more candy and we went and grabbed some lunch. She ate like a champ and then passed out in the middle of the living room floor. Super girl down. She slept for a few hours and when she woke up it was time for our Halloween party. She had three friends over and they had a great time eating pizza and cake and Candy CaNdY CANDY!! They watched some movies and we scared them with Silly String. :o) That was something my Dad did to me when I was Addi's age, and she reacted in the same way I did, TEARS followed by laughter! The Adults played some Rock Band and some Wii bowling. Everyone left when the kids got tired and cranky and then Tony wanted to watch a scary movie. He was asleep five minutes into it and so I shut it off and headed to bed. And that was Halloween 09.

1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

I didn't know you were going as supermom! You guys look so cute!