Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Monday, August 3, 2009

The Re-Do

Today was not smooth sailing. We definately experienced some turbulance. Tony had a day off so we packed up the car and headed for the "lagoons", an infamous local swimming hole that I had only heard of and never actually visited myself. My standards were set high from the get go. We get there after thinking we were lost for a couple miles and it is freaking HOT. Addison is pissed off. We have to hike a little ways into the lake and she falls, adding to the crankiness. She is screaming and it is echoing through the wilderness. Great. There are couples everywhere, all about 18 years old and I am sure the last thing they want to hear is a screaming kid. Addison refuses to get in the water or even put her life jacket on. She screams and cries about bugs the entire time. We have finally had enough and threw in the white flag. We were going home and I didn't even get to swim. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. We hung our heads in defeat as we packed everything back to the car in the heat. Addison now cried because she WANTED to swim. Crazy little girl. I try to explain to Addison that she has ruined the fun for everyone with her bad mood and she doesn't seem to care in the slightest. :o) We pile in the car and tensions were high. Tony and I both grumble to ourselves about what an aweful day it turned out to be. We were going home empty handed, without our new and fun memories. I felt robbed. It wasn't supposed to turn out like this! We drive a ways down the road and everyone is quite. Up ahead is Moose Creek Resevior. I convince Tony to stop and we decide on a re-do. We took a mulligan on our bad day and decided to try again. We found a nice spot in the shade and Kaden napped. Addi was all the sudden in the best mood of her life. A family of ducks entertained her for hours. Tony was able to get some fishing in and I sat on a bench and soaked it all up. My good day that tried to slip between my fingers. But we didn't let it. And on the drive home all of us were happy and decided we had a most excellent day.

1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

I'm so glad your day turned out good, it looks like Addi had a great day, those little ducklings are sooo cute. (Addi & Kaden are pretty cute too)