Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August is flying by

Ahhhhhh. I am sitting here enjoying a quiet moment at home. This last part of summer is always the busiest and it can be hard to find a moment. My youngest cousin got married this month and it was so nice to see all of my family together to celebrate. Addison thinks weddings are the best thing ever, and has been talking about getting married herself. She wanted the bride and groom to dance right after they kissed and was very disapointed she had to wait to see them dance together. When they finally did have thier first dance together Addison did her best to join them. My daughter is a firecracker. Fast forward a week and we are at this past weekend. Friday night. I went out to dinner and to the movies with a friend. It was exactly one year since the two of us went to a movie together. The last time I was crying and didn't leave my couch for three weeks because the doctor had told me first that I was pregnant with triplets and two weeks later that I had lost all of them. It was a very hard time in my life, but now a year later I sit here looking at my beautiful little boy and what a gift from God he is. A miracle. When I went to that movie a year ago it was the first time in weeks that I had laughed (Pineapple Express, great movie!) It felt so good to laugh and be happy for a short moment again. I found out a couple days later that I was indeed still prego with one little baby, after I stormed the hospital and demanded an ultrasound. Needless to say that simple night out with my buddy was very special to me and something we will do every year now together. Saturday night Tony and I had a date night. It was absolutely perfect. We had a nice dinner at Gambinos and talked and laughed the entire time. We tried to not talk about the kids, but it was nearly impossible. We are both proud parents. After dinner we walked down to John's Alley hoping for some live music and maybe even a little dancing. On a side note John's Alley is our favorite hangout. It is where we have celebrated numerous birthdays and special occasions such as Tony's promotions, my graduation, our engagement, ect. It has a very special place in our heart. But it was too early for the band so we spent a good deal of time taking turns picking songs from the Juke Box and then enjoyed listening to them all while we played some competitive ping pong. I am the champion of ping pong. Just ask me. :o) We were home in time to tuck the kids into bed and spent the rest of the night enjoying eachothers company. :o) All is well in the Shaffer home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brandi for the wonderful mother and wife that you are. Love Dad.