About Me
- Shaffers
- The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
A few days off together
Ahhhh just spent the perfect three days with my hubby, and this morning he went back to work. It is a good thing too because I have a hard time cleaning when he is home, I always want to just hang out with him. So Saturday we dropped the kids off at our friends in Spokane so we could go spend the night in Coeur d'Alene. Our friends had a princess tea party set up and decorated with balloons, so Addison was happy to see us go. That makes it so much easier! And well, Kaden is happy to see anyone. :o) So we headed to CdA Resort to attend a wedding. The wedding was out in the middle of the lake on a big boat. The ceremony was on the top deck and afterwards we headed down to the cabin where the dinner and dancing took place. Back to the top deck for a final cruise around the lake at sunset. Talk about romantic. It was beautiful. I just love a good wedding. The pastor had so many amazing things to say about marriage and it really made me reflect on my own vows I made nearly four years ago. I didn't have a big extravogent wedding like I had dreamed of as a girl. Tony and I got married under a tree in his parents yard. But I stood there looking into Tony's eyes, and we held eachothers hands and promised to love, cherish and respect one another for the rest of our life. And it was beautiful. Marriage is a gift from God. With Tony by my side I feel like we can accomplish anything. Some days we work for it, and some days it comes easily, but everyday it is worth it. Our family has grown since the day we took those vows into something more beautiful then I could have ever dreamed up. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for our beautiful children. We spent the rest of the night in CdA enjoying the nightlife and sitting in back corner booths laughing and stealing a kiss every chance we got. Sunday we spent hanging out in Spokane with family and friends, and Monday we didn't leave the house. Stayed inside all day playing video games, watching movies, napping and eating. It was wonderful. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(140)
-
▼
August
(24)
- Three little monkeys jumpin on the bed
- A slightly better reaction to the peas
- Movie Madness
- Kadens first chow: organic rice cereal and pears
- Wedding on lake CdA
- A few days off together
- Kaden laughing
- Relaxing at home
- Kaden discovers farts are a good sister repellant
- How Addison eats Oreos :o)
- Christine and Johns wedding
- August is flying by
- He did it!!
- Almost there!
- Give it up Addi!
- All Aboard!
- Buddies
- Addi's first jump-rope
- snoozin in the jumparoo
- Just Ducky
- Feeding the Ducks
- Addi the fisherwoman
- Moose Creek
- The Re-Do
-
▼
August
(24)

2 comments:
Sounds like fun. Who got married?
Rosauers people.
Post a Comment