Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Flying solo...

Today is my first day that I am on my own with the two kids. Things are going great, we are enjoying a peaceful day at home. Our only incident was this morning when Addi went into the nursery and climbed up onto the changing table, and then got stuck there. I was feeding Kaden, so she had to wait until he was finished for Mom to come to the rescue. She was a good sport. Little Kaden got circumcised yesterday, and I made Tony take him in. Tony got sick and about passed out, but the two of them are doing fine now. I cooked dinner for the first time last night since we came home from the hospital. I must admit it was a bit stressful at times, keeping an eye on Addi, tending to Kaden and managing all the kitchen tasks, but now that I succeeded I feel like I can handle it all. Kaden's arrival has added quite a bit more laundry to my daily chores, he goes through about five outfits a day along with numerous blankets and burp cloths. I am happy to be moving around and doing my normal chores on my own, although I must admit it was fun to boss my Mother around while she was here. You don't get too many opportunities in life to do that! :o) I feel so blessed that the Lord has given me this family to love and take care of. I honestly believe this is the happiest I have been my entire life, and that is saying alot since I have had a wonderful life with many happy moments. I guess things just keep getting better as you go along....

No comments: