Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Monday, June 11, 2012


 It rained from Monday afternoon and didn't stop until Sunday morning. The kids were bouncing off the walls from being cooped up for a week straight. I did my best to keep them busy and happy and entertained.
 Kaden and his Little People.

By the end of the week I needed something fun and new to keep the kids busy. I went to my Pintrest boards and found a recipe for "Cloud Dough". 
8 cups flour, 1 cup baby oil, and we added glitter.
I doubled the recipe, and when the kids are done playing I put the lid on the tote, making cleanup a cinch! 
It was just what we needed to get us through the rainy stint. 



 Kaden having fun with the ice cream scoop, and counting his scoops! 

On Sunday when the rain stopped the kids were eager to get outside. Addi went to her friends house to play and Kaden had fun on his own.

I got Peter Rabbit out so Kaden had a buddy to hang with.
 They had fun chasing each other!
 Kaden and Peter Rabbit! 

Kaden had some fun with 3D bubbles.


He thought they were pretty dang cool! 

It wasn't just the kids that had been cooped up for a week straight. I needed to get out too! I convinced Tony that we all needed to go on a nice family hike. He agreed and we went to Riverside State Park for the afternoon.







Snack Break!!!






 After our little picnic, it started to rain. We found a trail with lots of tree cover, and had a REALLY awesome hike in the downpour. 




 It was such a fun hike, even in the rain! We wore the kids out. When we got back to our car a couple hours later, a Park Ranger was there waiting for us. Someone had busted out the back window of our car!!! Not how we wanted to end such a good day. But as Tony told Addi, "None of us are hurt, and that's all that matters!" 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you better escape to sunny so cal! What a bummer about your car, who would do that?<3 Mandi