The new rabbits are settling in well, and the kids are so happy to have them. Kaden is so happy that he wakes up at 6am everyday and the first thing out of his mouth is, "Goin outside to see the bunnies!" This morning it was so cold, but he didn't mind. He just asked for his winter coat, and I sent him out with a warm wool hat. He spends a lot of time out there, talking to them and protecting them from the neighborhood cat that frequents our yard. He takes his job very serious, trying to shew her away and making a human barrier between that cat and his precious bunnies in their cage. Speaking of that cat, it caught and brought Addi the prettiest yellow finch yesterday, she was so excited and exclaimed, "THANK YOU! How did you know I wanted a pet bird? And it is even yellow!" And then the bird died in her hands. The cat didn't give the poor thing a fighting chance. Addi was traumatized a bit. It didn't help that I freaked out when I saw her holding a dead bird and made her wash her hands 5+ times. She was hoping to bring the bird back to life she told me. There were some tears shed. Then I thought about a time when I was just a bit older then her. My friend and I found a dead mouse left by a proud cat. We thought we could bring the mouse back to life too. We covered that thing in bandaids from head to tail, and waited patiently for him to wake up. Of course he never did, and when my mother found out I was playing with a dead mouse she was not impressed. Needless to say, Addi now knows not to touch or handle any "gifts" from the neighborhood cat.
The best part of having a new pet is showing him off to your best buddy! Addi's friend Alana came over to play yesterday and the two of them had fun spending time with our new pets.
Awww, bunny kisses!!!
My pretty flowers! Only one lily left to open, and also my new lavender plant (also from Tony) which I plan to plant out front. They smell so good and make me smile every time I look at them. What a nice husband I have! :o)












No comments:
Post a Comment