Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0
About Me
- Shaffers
- The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!
Friday, January 20, 2012
More ~snowfall~
Yesterday it didn't stop snowing all day. Right after breakfast the kids and I went on a nice walk through town to city hall to pay the water bill. I sent Addi off to school on the bus even though I wanted to keep her home with us. That night at practice Addi's team had their first scrimage in prep for Saturdays game. During warmups Kaden watched anxiously on the sidelines and Addi's coach took pity on him and called him in to join the team. He hurriedly ran to the black line next to his big sister and ran the "red light, green light" drill to my amazement, keeping in pace with the rest of the kids. I finally took him off the court kicking and screaming because he wasn't giving Addi enough space and she needed to focus. He still has 3 more years until he is old enough to play, but I think I will petition to have him start earlier. He is already taller then half of Addi's team. After practice we were happy to come home to peanut butter cookies I made while Addi was at school. Tony made it home a short time later after a day spent snowboarding on Silver Mountain. The powder he was so excited to get to that he would drive over mountain passes in the worst storm of the winter season ended up completely kicking his butt. It takes alot of energy digging yourself out of all that snow! He is going to be moving slow the next couple days, (as horrible as it may sound, and keeping in mind I am a stay at home Mom, long overdue of a vacation or personal day) and that brings me a little joy. I know, I'm horrible! But at least with every sore muscle moved he will remember his fun day on the mountain! :o) Today the snow plow came down our street, the neighbor came over with his snow blower, clearing out the driveway, walkway, and mailbox, and shortly after the mail was delivered so it looks like we will survive this storm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(54)
-
▼
January
(13)
- Addi's first Broadway Show!
- Princess Addi's Royal Tea Party
- Just a day in the life!
- Wild Cats first game
- More ~snowfall~
- ~snowfall~
- Today has been the perfect family day. We started ...
- Addi's first basketball practice!
- Playin' through the pain...
- A Wonderful Weekend
- Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.0
- Planes, Trains, and Automobiles!
- Happy New Year! 2012
-
▼
January
(13)











No comments:
Post a Comment