Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

This year for Father's Day Tony has a bad case of allergies. Right now it is either raining or snowing when you look out the window. Meaning when it is not raining the pollen and cottony stuff is so thick in the air it looks like a heavy snowfall. Tony's allegies are going nuts. Luckily the rest of us are fine. I must have passed that awesome gene on to my kids.:o) Kidding!!!.... Kinda. Anyways this is about D-A-D. We celebrated Father's day last night because Tony had to work very early in the morning on Father's Day.

The kids are coloring a pic for Dad. This is Kadens first picture he has ever colored and he took his job very seriously.

Long after Addi had finished, Kaden worked on his picture. It turned out great in the end, and of course Mom hung them both up for Dad to see.

I made Tony a homemade coconut cake with pineapple lush frosting and fresh strawberry garnish. I painted the bobble head on top. Tony was like, "Nice picture of me, Brandi!" and I was like, "Hey, I wasn't about to cut up a GOOD picture of you!" :o)

I went VERY low key on the presents this year. I painted the frame for him, and got him some Sudoku books. Tony just did his first Sudoku puzzle a few weeks ago and he is hooked. I knew he would like it, he is great at math. His brain operates in numbers, mine in words. I am like, "Ewww Sudoku. I have been hating that game for years!"

We had breakfast for dinner last night, which is great. I always appreciate breakfast food so much more when it is for dinner.

My Dad is the best. I have a childhood full of happy memories with him, and he gave me every possible opportunity he could afford. He pushed me to a higher standard, and set the ultimate example of character and integrity. I love you Dad! I am looking forward to spending time with my parents this coming week! Road Trip!!

My husband is an amazing father. He loves his kids so much and the way they light up when he enters the room makes my heart melt everytime. Tony is honest and dependable. Funny and smart. If my son grew up to be like his Dad, I would be a proud Mother. Obviously Tony learned how to be a great Dad from his Dad, and Grandfathers. Someday Kaden will be a great Dad, and it will be the result of a combined effort and effect of all the great Dads in our life. I love you all!!!

No comments: