Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A few of my favorite things...



A favorite spring ritual took place yesterday: Taking the old mitt out and throwing the ball around. Something that makes me so happy. I sat there examining that old mitt, looking over all the wear and tear it has endured over the past 20 years. Like a fine wine, my mitt has gotten better over time. It has provided hundreds of hours of fun and countless cherished memories. It has fallen apart and been sewn back together. It is scuffed and beat-up, but still strong and reliable. Perfectly formed to my hand and catching style. My name burned in the leather is faded but still present. Yes indeed I love that mitt. Wouldn't trade it in for a new fancy model if you paid me. I am thankful for the things in my life that have stuck with me through it all. Good friends, amazing family, and that old mitt. Most of all, the love of my life, my husband and best friend Tony. He is alot like my mitt in the sense that he is the perfect fit for me, dependable, and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I can't imagine sharing my life with anyone else.
In true Shaffer form, we made the most of Tony's day off yesterday. Steak and eggs for breakfast, Rock Band jam session until lunch, then headed to Genesee to spend the afternoon in the sunshine. It felt great running around and throwing the ball. I could have played all night, but unfortunately I had to work. But of course I took some time in the day to take some pics of my adorable kids. :o)











1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

So poetic, and so true. Addi is growing up so fast. Tony better start practicing his mean face for her first date.