Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Battle with a picky eater....






Well we finally got some snow, right before Easter. Perfect. Addi looked out the window and yelled, "Oh BOY! MOM! What did YOU do to my Beautiful SPRING DAY!????" I pleaded my case that I had nothing to do with the weather and was just an innocent bystander like herself. We have been entertaining ourselves inside hoping the weather turns nice again so we can go play. Addi got her butt swatted yesterday because she stacked all her pillows up until she could reach an interesting knob on her wall. She cranked the knob as far as it would go and when nothing happened she moved on to the next fun and interesting thing to do. One thing that both kids noticed was it sure was getting warm. Maybe the weather was improving afterall! They both started to strip off all their clothes. I was putting laundry away and smelled something funny. Checked on the kids and noticed the heat was cranked and they were having some sort of beach party in there! Ahhhhhhhh. Dinner time would only pose more conflict when I cooked penne pasta and Addi wouldn't touch it because it looked different. She had two options. Eat dinner, or go to bed. She wouldn't go to bed without her milk. Well, inorder to get her milk I wanted her to take at least ONE bite, because I knew she would like it once she tried it. Man. That would be the biggest battle we have been in to date. Once I stated her options I couldn't back down. Tony even suggested I give her the milk and drop it once it had escalated to a certain point. BUT he forgets that I am just as stubborn as my stubborn daughter. She screamed and cried for her milk. She refused to eat the one noodle requirement, at one point licking a noodle and then making herself gag. The battle was finished when I physically attempted to put a noodle in her mouth and she ran screaming from that poor little piece of pasta like it was the black plague. She went upstairs crying to her brother and told him the whole sob story. He of course didn't understand her viewpoint since he happily ate two servings of pasta and then had his milk too. I waited a while and then went up to talk to her. We had one of those tender moments and then, you guessed it! I gave her the milk. This morning she woke up as if nothing had happened. Tony says, "That's the great thing about kids, they tend to be rather forgiving!" Kaden was helping himself to Tony's Raisin Bran this morning. I do feed the kid, I promise! This was right after he had eaten his breakfast. The boy loves to eat.

2 comments:

Will and Mandi said...

I have the entire scene pictured in my head! I dread the dinner time battle!!!

Will and Mandi said...

I forgot to mention that I love your new background and music!