About Me
- Shaffers
- The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
MoTheRhOOd: buckle up, it's a bumpy ride :o)
Motherhood is a wild ride. It is the most demanding job I could have ever imagined. In fact, I actually woke up extra early this morning thinking to myself, "I better get up and go to the bathroom now before the baby wakes up....." In my younger years I would have been thinking, "let me sleep for ten more minutes", and now it is more like, "Crap! I gotta get up and brush my teeth before the sun comes up or I won't get to until after lunch sometime!" Just when you think you are in control of everything, a chain reaction of events occur that would make you totally rethink your confident stance. Like when you spend all day cleaning the house and leave for work, only to return to a scene straight out of a hurricane struck third world country. The baby gets a bad case of diarriah, which in turns leads to a painful red butt. His spirits remain high, however, except during the frequent diaper changes. Addi is really asserting herself lately, in otherwords, she has been talking back to her Mom and Dad. This of course leads to punishment, and tears, and in yesterdays case alot of her yelling at me from behind her closed door. I just sat upstairs right outside her door and did some breathing exercises. :o) She came out and sat next to me and when the tears stopped she started talking. She said, "Remember Mom, you were a little girl just like Addi. You were a little baby once too. And you have a Mommy that is my GRANDMA. Just Remember Mom." I couldn't help but laugh. Yep. I have a Mommy too. I still feel like I need my Mommy even though I am a Mommy myself. Catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror after a day of dealing with my family really gives the extra shot of shock factor. My messy hair, no make-up, sweatpants wearing, usually a sticker or ten stuck in various places, baby on the hip and a few stains on the shirt. Geez. It is not a pretty sight. Last night I put the kids to bed extra early and took a long hot shower, all the while invisioning Lava Hot Springs. When I got out I was hoping to spend the night hanging out with my husband but discovered that he had fallen asleep as well. The whole family was asleep before 8pm. I had the house to myself. And what did I do?? I did more housework, preparing for the next days work. Ahhhhhh Motherhood. The greatest job in the world. Because for every struggle I encounter, I find the rewards are ten fold. Because kids are sweet way more than they are nasty. Because my little girl tells me I am the most pretty princess in the whole world even when I look like absolute crap. Because even though my house is a mess, I come home to three smiling faces. That's enough to brighten up any messy room.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(111)
-
▼
February
(10)
- Brandi's Day
- Brandi Bakes Bread
- Enjoyed a nice visit from my Momma this weekend. W...
- Little Miss DrAmA QUEEN
- Family Night Out
- MonKeYiN ArounD
- Making Dinner for Daddy :o)
- MoTheRhOOd: buckle up, it's a bumpy ride :o)
- Just a relaxing day at home today. We have been en...
- Feeling a bit exhausted from taking care of kids a...
-
▼
February
(10)

1 comment:
Brandy,
You are one of the best moms ever keep up the good work. You are doing great.
Post a Comment