Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Just a relaxing day at home today. We have been enjoying NetFlix watch instantly feature and I must say I spend more time browsing through all the movies than I do actually WATCHING them! I love that I have a 100 documentaries to choose from, and don't know when I will find the time to watch them all, but I will try!! :o) Super Bowl is drastically less exciting when the Steelers aren't playing, but this year I will be rooting for the Saints! Mostly because I like Kim Kardashian, but also a Drew Brees fan. Even though Peyton was my fantasy quarterback this year, I have to go for the Saints to bring some love back to New Orleans. My favorite Sentsy right now is "Red Chili Masala" and just thought I would share that. :o) I had to discipline Addi today for talking back. It brought back some memories for sure. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was on the other end of this whole talking back to a parent senario. Not that I did it very often, but there were definately a few times. I would say to my Mom, "You should be proud you have a daughter who voices her opinion and stands up for herself! I am a free spirit!!!" :o) Ohhhh MY! I am afraid my Mom got her wish when she told my brother and me that she hopes he has a son that acts just like him, and I have a daughter just like me. Addison is going to make me re-think alot of things!!!! I loved it when she came out of her room and popped her head around the corner making sure it was ok to come back down. She said, "I love you Mom and I am so sorry!" And that melted my heart. We hugged and everything is back to normal. I realize that my kids won't always like what I do, but I am not here to be thier friend. I am here to be thier parent. And I am ok with that.






1 comment:

Will and Mandi said...

At least if Addi is going to be like you, you'll know all her tricks! Will's parents said they hoped he had a son just like him too, but I don't think they thought about his poor wife! WHo I might add was a perfect child!