About Me
- Shaffers
- The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
A Beautiful Day...
Today is the most beautiful day. It is really no different than any other beautiful day, but on this particular one I happen to have such a positive perspective on life that the combo of the two create the MOST beautiful day. A few factors have contributed to make this so. The weather has been getting nicer by the day, and after a long winter sun shining days have a strong force in lifting your spirits. Maybe it's the warmth it brings to the body, or maybe it's the exercise I get pushing my kids around town enjoying these beautiful days that makes me feel so good. One thing is for sure, there is a lot of beauty to take in this time of year with all the pretty flowers and rolling green fields. Another factor of this most beautiful day is that I finished a really good book this morning at work. And a good book has a way of getting inside your head and making you think about your own life in relation to the character in the book and the lessons they learned through their struggles. This book reaffirmed the notions of cherishing your family and friends and being a good person. Because this book ended on a high note I suppose that rubbed off on me as well. Another contributing factor was a tidbit of a Nickleback song that was playing as I headed home from work. It said "my best friend told me the best advice, every day is a gift and not a given." Wow. That line just sunk in and has been replaying ever since. It is the kind of line that inspires you to do great things. How can you have a bad day with that line stuck in your head? Then when I was driving home I got pulled over. Yikes. That is never good. But he was really friendly and let me go, even though he could have cited me for about four different things like illegal lane change, texting while driving, expired tags and lack of proof of insurance. Boy am I glad I don't have to throw all that money away. But I tell you what, I am going to take my kids on a walk over to the DMV and renew my tags, then stop at the park on the way home and let Addi run wild until she needs a nap. Then when she is home and napping I will print off my insurance card and put it in the car. Then start a new book and enjoy the peace. All the while, enjoying this most beautiful day. :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(140)
-
▼
May
(13)
- Addi's sick
- Kaden Mikal 7 weeks old
- Addi and her buddy Julian
- In case anyone was wondering, Addi is completely p...
- A Beautiful Day...
- No title
- No title
- My pretty birthday flowers
- Crazy little 3 year old with a marker
- 27 and counting....
- Spending time with family
- No title
- The past couple weeks have flown by. I went to wor...
-
▼
May
(13)

No comments:
Post a Comment