Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

27 and counting....

So here I sit, 27 years old. So far everything has gone well and life has gone pretty much as I planned: high school graduation, off to college, meet the man of my dreams, fall in love, graduate, get married, have babies, live happily ever after. I may have gotten married and had babies younger than I had originally planned, but now that I am a parent of a toddler I understand that you need to be young for this job, they really wear you out!! I was visiting with a friend and told her how I remember every one of my birthdays since my third. They sure have changed dramatically over the years, but all of them were very special and perfect and memories I will have forever. I hope I can give the same to my kids. This year was the mellowest of them all, but that ended up being just what I needed. We spent the day together as a family and went out to a nice lunch, then went on a drive out to a county park except the weather turned sour and both kids fell asleep so we just drove on back country roads talking and enjoying the peace. It was perfect. Then he watched the kids that night and I went to a nice sushi restaurant with a friend. Came home just in time to watch American Idol, and then read my new book. Yep, things have sure toned down. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments: