Photobucket

About Me

My photo
The Shaffers were established in 2005. Our members include supportive husband, Anthony Dean, commonly known as Tony; and loving wife Brandi Michelle. Adorable daughter Addison Rienn added in 06, and precious little Kaden Mikal joined the clan in March 09. We just moved to Washington, but we will always be Idahoans. We love lifes simple pleasures such as watching our daughter play, seeing our son smile, the great outdoors, good food, the company of family and friends, and football of course!

Thursday, July 23, 2009

On our own

Tony just left for a 4+ day rafting trip with the boys. I am so jealous. It is hard not to be. I can't even imagine being able to go do something like that without my kids. It sounds good in theory but I bet in reality I would be worried about them the whole time. When they are older I am going to start doing those things again. Tony's little brother Shane came to visit and is going on the trip with Tony. They are floating the lower Salmon through Hells Canyon. It is a fun trip, one I used to do every summer while I was in college. The beauty and the solitude you experience in that canyon is breathtaking, and the rush of the whitewater experience is amazing. Tony is going with the group of boys I hung out with in college. When Tony moved to Moscow so we could be together, he was welcomed into the group. I would never have imagined back in those days when I was partying and having all the fun on these trips that one day my husband would go and I would stay home to bake and take care of the kids. :o) Holy cow life happens fast. I did stay up all night baking four loafs of bread for them to take and a few batches of cookies. I know they are going to have so much fun and I am happy for that. Tony and Shane deserve this time together after being apart for so long while Shane was in the Marines. They are making memories this weekend they will have thier whole life. That makes me smile. As for me, I am not going to sit around here and feel sorry for myself. I am packing up the kids and going camping this weekend at Winchester Lake. I booked a great campsite in the shade over looking the lake and we will be there for three days enjoying ourselves. The internet never ceases to amaze me. I was able to brose campsites, looking at pictures of eachone and then reserve it right on the state of Idaho parks website! Fabulous. I hope I catch a monster bass.

2 comments:

Will and Mandi said...

Brandi, I know that I am a huge worry wart, but for the sake of argument let's call me "the voice of reason" are you sure you should go camping alone in the woods with the kids??? Will you even get cell phone service where you are going? What if something happens, I think we need to set up some check in times so that I know you guys are okay. Call me!

Shaffers said...

Yes you are a huge worry wort! We will be fine. :o) It is a huge state campground where we are going so there will be other people all around! I've got it covered!